11.05.2012

that moment...

You know that moment when you look at your baby...and realize they are no longer a...baby?

I was looking through pictures that my mother and sister in law took of little bug...and as I was scrolling through them, it hit me...like a freight train hitting a brick wall...she is not a baby any more. This little girl...with a personality, opinions, thoughts, ideas, imagination and love...where did she come from and when did this happen. Wasn't it just yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital in clothes that were way too big for her because she was four weeks early...or getting excited when she rolled over, sat up, or crawled...

Now I look at pictures, or watch her play, or listen to her as she explores her world...and I am blown away at how much she has grown!

I am sure that I am preaching to the choir...and that moms with daughters (and sons) much older than mine are asking themselves the same questions.

I took a friend's senior pictures a few weeks ago...and I could see it in his mother's eyes...she was asking herself these very same questions.

oh time...please slow down - if only for a moment so that I may catch my breath and not miss a second!



 What a difference a year makes...here is Lainey at 4 months old - this was taken around the end of October last year...





four months old

one year later...a little less baby...a lot more attitude! 

14 years...I mean...16 months old


16 months old


No comments:

Post a Comment